Saturday, December 5, 2009

Panel Going Up




Today I received my splice plates and was able to to complete the installation of the rails, run the #6 copper ground and begin installing the panels. I checked the Voc of each panel prior to installation. All 33 volts. I have 6 of the 24 panels up. Tomorrow I will video the installation of the panels, I am doing this solo on a 45 degree pitch roof. (Quite a challenge but doable). Each panel weighs 40 pounds. Not heavy but very awkward on a 12/12 pitch roof. Solar Electric Supply from California has been very helpful througout the install, They have treated me fairly in all transactions. I highly recommend them for your solar needs. The photo's show me checking the Voc Open circuit voltage of each panel. All were 33 Volts.

No comments:

Post a Comment