Saturday, September 25, 2010

Up and Running (09/25/2010)

A view of my solar tracker and the roof mount that I did last year.

This photo is to show the tracker sensor/controller and how I set it up on the tracker. The housing is made from acrylic that was heated to form the lens shape. The body of the housing was made from a 4x4x4 junction box that was modified to fit the curved lens. Duane's sensor from www.redrok.com was used to control the linear actuator.

The traker is just doing what it does, Track the sun and make electricity that is inverted to AC electricity that is backfed into the grid.



Just so you can see how I wired the panels and sensor.

A view from the back of the panels





Another view





All 6 panels now attached













Today 9/252010 I completed the installation of my solar grid tie tracker. It works very well. Duane's tracker works great. You can get this from him at http://www.redrok.com/. It we entertaining watching the panels track the sun. Check out the rest of the build photo's

No comments:

Post a Comment