Friday, November 20, 2009

System Arrives


Today the system arrived via Federal Express Freight. No problem unloading the components to my trailer. Had lift gate service. I unpacked the system components and verified all was present compared with the shipping list. There was one component not shipped, I notified the solar provider company and the item was immediatly shipped with no questions asked. I began with installing the fast jacks and actually was able to install 4 of the 48 required. I am not able to work on the project tomorrow, I have to attend a conference for my profession. I am having trouble with obtaining the assistance of a solar electrician. I called the solar electrician for this area and he told me that he would not attempt to assist in the installation since he was not the person whom sold the system to me. I had no idea I would run into this problem. According to my state regulations related to solar installation, A homeowner may install his own solar system on his residence but I would like to have a certified solar electrician perform the actual grid tie. I am not sure how all of this is going to pan out. I live in a rather small city and I think he is the only certified solar electrician around. At any rate I am going to keep on working on the installation when I get time.

No comments:

Post a Comment