Wednesday, November 11, 2009

System Purchase




This blog will begin with the actual purchase of the solar system. There are many task that need to be completed prior to actually ordering your system including permits, state and local codes etc. There are many decisions that need to be addressed prior to deciding which solar system is best for you. There are other blogs related to this subject and I will not belabor that phase of your education. The main purpose of this blog is to educate a homeowner on what is actually required to install a system on his residence. I hope this blog educates and entertains the perspective homeowner related to solar residential grid interconnection process. Today I wired the money to the company that sold my system to me. This systems initial cost of the system was 19,200.00. This is for a 5.04 KW grid tie interconnection system that consist of 24-210w Kyocera Panels a Sunny Boy 5 kw inverter and racking and other balance of system components. I purchased this equipment from Southern Electrical Supply in California. The system must be up and running with all approvals by the end of the year or I will not receive my state or federal incentives at tax season. We shall see how this works out. I have never installed a solar panel system but I have read many books and nec codes related to the subject as well as read many articles provided by suppliers that also provide specific knowledge related to the installation.
I plan to do the install and hire a solar electrician to perform the electrical connections. Solar is not that popular here in North Louisiana so we will see what type of obsticles we we encounter. Just going on faith and what I know is the right thing to do. These photo's are of the south facing roof of the install.
I hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment